Q: Who do I contact if I have a question about my payment or my ownership?
A: Contact the Owner Relations Unit (ORU) at the phone numbers and e-mails below based on the owner’s last name or company:
A-F: call 918-661-0903 or email
G-N: call 918-661-0904 or email
O-Z: call 918-661-0905 or email

Q: What information do I need when I contact you?

  • The owner’s name
  • The 10-digit owner number (starts with a 1) you are contacting us about
  • The last four digits of the owner’s social security number or tax identification number
  • A phone number we can contact you at
  • The payment date for the remittance you are contacting us about (if applicable)

Q: Where can I find my 10-digit owner number?
A: Your 10-digit owner number starts with the number 1 and can be found on your payment detail.  It is also listed on your Division Order and on your 1099 as your account number.

Q: Is ConocoPhillips the same company as Phillips 66?
A: No, Phillips 66 became its own company in 2012.  If you have questions about your Phillips 66 account, (Phillips 66 owner numbers typically start with a 9) please contact Phillips 66.


Q: When are payment issued?
A: Except for some heritage Concho owners who are paid mid-month, payments are issued the last week of the month. Typically ConocoPhillips only issues a payment when your payment would be $100.00 or greater.

Q: Can I get my money sooner?
A: Depending on your bank, generally you will have access to funds remitted by Direct Deposit sooner than you would receive them by paper check.  While it is not always the case, most of the time funds will be deposited by Direct Deposit the same day paper checks are put in the mail.

Q: What if I did not get a payment?
A: There are several reasons this could happen, below are some examples.

  • Your payment for that payment cycle was less than $100.00
  • You have recently changed financial institutions or closed an account
  • Your address has changed and the check was returned because of a bad address
  • Your account has been placed in suspense

Due to possible delays with the postal service please allow until the 15th of the following month (about 2 to 3 weeks) for your paper check to arrive before contacting us. Enrolling in Direct Deposit eliminates postal delays.

Q: Why is my payment different than someone else in my family when we have the same interest?
A: There are several reasons why this can happen, including:

  • Funds from a voided check were issued on a subsequent payment
  • Accumulated funds in suspense were released for payment
  • We have an up-to-date W-9 for one owner and not the other
  • Owners living in different states and having different state backup withholding rates
  • An owner sending in a payment for a negative owner balance when they have been overpaid
  • Having a slightly different interest when an interest is not evenly divisible by the number of heirs

Q: Can you stop mailing me paper payment detail?
A: Yes, submit a Stop Paper Detail Form .

Q: I found an old check made out to me; can I cash it?
A: Checks can be cashed for one year after they are issued.  If it is more than one year old, please fill out a Void Check Request Form .  Consider enrolling in Direct Deposit .

Q: I found an old check for a deceased person, what should I do?
A: Have the person who was in charge of the deceased’s estate contact the Owner Relations Unit.

Q: What do I do if I lost a check?
A: Submit a Void Check Request Form . Direct Deposit is a more secure payment method that greatly reduces the risk of lost, stolen, or misdirected payments.

Q: Why did I get a check for such a small amount, (less than $100.00)?
A: ConocoPhillips has legal requirements to pay owners who are owned money at least once a year.  Typically, in September ConocoPhillips pays all of our owners regardless of how much is in their account.  This results in some payments going out for as low as $0.01.  We would encourage all of our owners, especially those paid infrequently and for small amounts to enroll in Direct Deposit .

Q: Why are you withholding federal taxes?
A: We are required to withhold federal taxes based on gross payments for all owners that we do not have a valid Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number for.  Submit a W-9 to update your account to keep federal taxes (24% of gross payments) from being withheld.

Q: Why are you withholding state taxes?
A: Many states require us to backup withhold for owners who do not have an in-state address. Some states such as New Mexico and North Dakota have forms for out-of-state owners to fill out that exempt them from state backup withholding.  We are required to backup withhold for owners who live in California if we are also required to backup withhold federal taxes, submitting a completed W-9 will stop California backup withholdings.

Q: What do I do if I get a letter regarding unclaimed funds?
A: ConocoPhillips is required to send unclaimed funds to state governments if we have been unable to pay an owner or an owner has not cashed a check for a period of time that varies by state.  It is much easier to claim your funds from ConocoPhillips than to claim them from the state so please respond to the letter or contact our Owner Relations Unit.


Q: Will I get a 1099?
A: Typically, if you are an individual who has federal or state backup withholding or your gross income is over $10.00 for royalty owners or $600.00 for working interest owners you should receive a 1099-MISC (royalty interest) or 1099-NEC (working interest).  We do not mail 1099s to corporations and other exempt entities unless they are specifically requested.

Q: When should I expect my 1099?
A: A paper copy of your 1099 will be mailed to the address we have on file and an electronic copy will be loaded to by January 31st.

Q: Why didn’t I get a 1099?
A: There are several reasons this could happen, below are some common reasons.

  • Your yearly payments were below the required reporting threshold
  • We do not have a current address for you on file
  • Your owner number is set up as a corporation or other exempt entity

Q: I am doing the taxes for a deceased person’s estate; how do I get their 1099?
A: Please contact ConocoPhillips Owner Relations Unit to get a copy of their 1099.